Wassup blog buddies, book gangstas, book addicts and blogaholics! Welcome to the fourth annual Book Blogger Appreciation Week, Day One.
Today's Topic is Community:
Our first task as part of the BBAW is to give appreciation and thanks to some of our favorite blogs. "So while the awards are a fun part of BBAW, they can never accurately represent the depth and breadth of diversity in the book blogging community. Today we are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for us. They can be our mentors, a blogger that encouraged us to try a different kind of book, opened our eyes to a new issue, made us laugh when we needed it, or left the first comment ever received on our blog. Stay positive and give back to the people who make the community work for us!"
So I decided to interview myself about my favorite Blogs and Book Bloggers. And those that have supported me and helped me in numerous ways on my blogging and literary journey.
Lena it is a pleasure having you here with us today. You're much cuter in person.
Awww shucks. Thank you.
You're a mom of five.
Make that 5 1/2, I'm married.
Oh. Okay. 5 1/2. Well, I suppose then you're very busy. So on your busy days, which blogs are a must view when you don't have much time to spare?
Hmm. Well. That would have to be my loyal followers. If I have a few minutes to spare, I will follow the people that follow me on a consistent basis. Because I feel like (and this could all be in my head and slightly narcissistic), but they will come looking for me if I didn't post, just like I'd coming looking for them if they happen to be M.I.A. for awhile.
Those bloggers are
- Sidne @ Reading Rendezvous Reviews ~ Great reviews and book tours
- Jade @ Sort of Beautiful ~ Great book reviews, cute blog & she's on Team Jacob of Twlight
- Lineofserenity @ Line of Serenity ~ Inspirational stories, quotes and an author
- Anachronist @ Books as Portable Pieces of Thoughts ~ Great reviews & writes flash fiction
So, let's say I'm new to book blogging. What blogs would you recommend I visit first?
- Definitely, definitely go visit The Story Siren. Her blog is full of valuable information about blogging, tips, tricks, how to's etc.
- Another useful site would be Book Blogs. I find a lot networking there and if you have questions you can post it and eventually another blogger will assist you.
Let's say I'm an author, what author blogs do you think I'd like?
- Try author Jody Hedlund. She discusses various topics on writing and getting published.
- And also Jill Kemerer's blog has tons of info as well on publication and writing.
Fantastic. Who are some bloggers you'd like to meet personally?
Good one. You're really good at this interviewing thing. Well, for sure all the blogs I consider loyal followers from above. Along with Jenners from Life with Books. She has really interesting stories, sometimes personal, but always interesting and she does great book reviews. And most importantly, she responds back if you post a comment. (awesome trait to have as a blogger)
Which bloggers are most knowledgeable in their field?
- If you're a poet or love poetry, you should be visiting Parrish Lantern.
- If you're looking for an educational resource for parents or students, check out Katina Walton's Educational Newsletter. She also does book reviews as a guest poster for non-fiction.
- If you're writing a book or trying to find articles on how to get it published or polished, check out Nathan Bransford's blog.
- If you want quick and concise book reviews go to Leeswammes Blog.
- If you want an extensive, thorough and detailed review check out Reading on a Rainy Day.
How about funny blogs? I'm having a down day and I need a laugh.
Then go bust a gut at ChrisBookarama. Great sense of humor.
Anything else you want to add?
- Yep. Not all blog support comes in the form of blogs. I also have a lot of support from bloggers that support me in other ways like Books, Personally who is always commenting or clicking like on my Facebook Fan Page (Lena Sledge's Blog...Books, Reviews and Interviews) ya know I had to plug that right? She also does great interviews and reviews.
- And the blog Jeanous which is about fashion (I call him a fashion guru) but he is a faithful Twitterer who tweets my links all the time on my Twitter (yep, I plugged again). His Twitter name is IamMarv.
SO THANK YOU ALL!
Do you have any blogs that you'd love to show your appreciation to?